Canon has released new firmware for the Cinema EOS C300 Mark II.
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following update:
- Adds Canon Log 3.
- Reduces Canon Log 2 noise in dark areas.
- Enables magnification to be used even during recording.
- The following features are enabled when these lenses are attached: CN7x17 KAS S/E1*3, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S or CN20x50 IAS H/E1:
- Enables autofocus using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF function. (Not applicable to the CN20x50 IAS H/E1 lens)
- Enables the joystick on the camera’s grip unit to be set to operate the zoom.
- Enables control of iris to be set to manual operation, and control of focus, zoom and iris using the separately-sold Remote Controller RC-V100.
- Enables automatic aperture and push auto iris functions.
- Enables retrieval of metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached, and display of metadata on the camera.
- Enables Dual Pixel Function when these lenses are attached: CN7x17 KAS S/E1 lens, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S lens or any of the EF cinema prime lenses.
- Adds peripheral illumination/chromatic aberration correction for the following lenses:
- COMPACT-SERVO lenses: CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S
- CINE-SERVO lenses: CN20x50 IAS H/E1
- EF lenses: EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM and EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.
- Enhances menu operations so that settings related to resolution/color sampling, etc. are retained to the extent possible when changing recording settings such as the frame rate.
- Supports ACESproxy (ACES 1.0).
- Alleviates the black-dot phenomenon that appears in the periphery of high-brightness light sources.
Read more: http://www.canonrumors.com#ixzz4FiqCINec